Drawing is feeling. Color is an act of reason. (Pierre Bonnard)

Friday, January 30, 2009

"The Red Dress"


This is done on a gallery wrapped canvas. I applied tissue paper and pages from a magazine to the background and painted the tissue paper black. I then drew on the face and painted it with acrylics and added some white and black charcoal. This is the first painting I have done since before Christmas. I guess the mood just hit me today. I have cabin fever pretty bad and doing my art sure helps pass the time.

I'm thinking about adding something to the top right area. Can't decide. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Allenoel said...

I love your paintings.

Maybe an interesting, antique door, ajar or fully opened or a window with eyes looking in from the dark.

Dianne said...

beautifully done, Jean! will miss seeing you this week...have a great time! maybe find some great free junk to make art with...you are so gifted at it! hugs
Dianne
http://artbeneaththecottonwoods.blogspot.com

Dianne said...

Jean, I've gotten a mail failure notice for your email address...could you please email me personally & verify that I have your correct email address? thanks!
Dianne
http://artbeneaththecottonwoods.blogspot.com

Barb Hartsook said...

This is wonderful! I love the artsy look to the girl, and the textures. :)

Bet you could do this in Painter too! Including the textures. Would be fun to try.