Drawing is feeling. Color is an act of reason. (Pierre Bonnard)

Sunday, August 31, 2008

China Sun


We had a wonderful AGO meeting yesterday with seven of us present. We meet every fourth Saturday to discuss and share our diverse artwork. I finished this piece during the meeting yesterday. It's 9x12 so a litle was cut off when I scanned it.I spread Goldens heavy gel matte on canvas and textured,let dry overnight then added charcoal and paint. I enjoyed doing this very much. I love Goldens products. the quality is execptional.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Jean-this turned out great...you were right about the small touches of red! but seeing it in person was so much better--love the texture!
Dianne

Sue said...

Jean, I love this piece! I can't believe how quickly you created it at the AGO meeting - you're so talented ! Love, Sue